Avocado is one of those things that I just can’t get enough of. That’s why I love this Avocado Pesto Pasta Recipe! The smooth creaminess of the avocado and the pesto flavor makes this one recipe at the top of my list. I bet it will be one of your favorite weeknight meals too!
Avocado Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 large avocados, pitted and peeled
- 3/4 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 tablespoon mined garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
1. In a food processor, pulse together the avocados, basil, garlic, pine nuts (or hemp seeds), lemon juice, and salt until finely chopped.
2. Pour in the olive oil and continue to process until you have a smooth thick paste.
3. Taste to see if you need to add more salt and pepper.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cooked pasta and avocado pesto.
If you love avocado, this pesto pasta will quickly become a favorite dinner or lunch menu item at your house!