Looking for a delicious morning snack or breakfast substitute on the go? Or even a snack to pack in the extra-curricular activities bag for a quick afternoon pick-me-up? These Cherry Vanilla Oat Bars are the perfect pick!
Cherry Vanilla Oat Bars
Gather the ingredients below, and you’ll have the perfect nutritious snack in only a short time! These are so easy to make and delicious.
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 3/4 almonds
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1. Soak the dates in warm water for twenty minutes. This helps them blend better and creates a smoother texture.
2. In a blender, grind almonds until crumbly. Do not grind into a full flour.
3. Add in the dates, syrup, vanilla and blend. You may need to scrape down the sides to make sure the dates are fully broken down.
4. Once the mixture looks like a giant sticky ball it’s ready to be scraped into a large bowl.
5. Once in the bowl, add in the oats and cherries. Mix well until everything is combined.
6. Line an 8×4 baking pan with parchment paper. Place the mixture into the pan.
7. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and press down with your hands until evenly distributed.
8. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Remove, cut into bars or squares and enjoy! Keep extra bars in the freezer until ready to serve.
Take along these snacks anywhere you and your homeschool family travel! These Cherry Vanilla Oat Bars are a favorite treat of ours, and I’m sure your family will love them too!