Pop tarts are such a convenient breakfast or snack on the go. We love to eat them here, even though they’re not always the healthiest option. Sometimes we like to make our own version, just for the fun of it! Here’s a recipe for DIY Strawberry Poptart Bites!
Strawberry Pop-Tart Bites Recipe
These are a little smaller than regular, store-bought pop tarts, but they taste just as good – if not better! Here’s whatcha do to make them:
- 1 Box of Pie Crusts (comes as a 2 ct.)
- Strawberry Preserves
- Powdered Sugar
- Rainbow Sprinkles
1. Roll the pie crusts flat. Cut 10 small squares (or rectangles if you prefer) onto each pie crust for a total of 20.
2. On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, place 10 of the square crusts.
3. Scoop one tablespoon of strawberry preserves onto the crust. Using a knife, smooth it out but do not spread it out all the way to the edge.
4. Top the strawberry preserves with another piece of square crusts.
5. Use a fork to crimp the edges of the crust and make sure no strawberry preserves leak out.
6. Bake the pop-tarts in the oven at 425 for 12 minutes.
7. Let the strawberry pop-tarts cool. Make the frosting by combining 1 cup of powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk. You might need to add a little bit more powdered sugar. A teaspoon of vanilla is optional.
8. Spoon the frosting onto the strawberry pop-tarts and spread smooth with a knife. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles and enjoy!
If your child loves pop tarts like mine does, then give this Strawberry Poptart Bites recipe a try. They are easy to make!