My instant pot has been such a life-saver for my homeschool! I use it for all kinds of meals, fast and ready when we need it. I love it! Here’s a recipe for Vegetarian Lentil Chili that I would like to share with you today.
Vegetarian Lentil Chili Instant Pot Recipe
I love the simplicity of throwing these things into the instant pot and having a delicious hot meal for my family with very little effort and time required.
- 1 cup French lentils
- 1-10 oz can corn kernels
- 1-12 oz can black beans
- 1-10 oz can chile-style diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth (none if lentils are pre-cooked)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream, optional for serving
- Cilantro, optional for serving
- Shredded cheese, optional for serving
1. Place all ingredients in your Instant Pot and give everything a good stir.
2. Select the “Soup/Chili” setting and set for 12 minutes. (If the lentils are pre-cooked you can select 5 minutes.)
3. Seal and allow to natural release.
4. Taste and adjust the seasoning before serving with optional garnishes of sour cream, cheese and cilantro.
This meal can easily become a weeknight favorite! Try this Vegetarian Lentil Chili recipe any day of the week.