Are your kids big watermelon fans? I don’t know about yours, but my kiddo loves to eat watermelon in the summertime. Of course, he loves cake too, so when I saw these watermelon cake balls, I knew I had to have the recipe! Turns out, they are so easy (and super fun) to make. They are perfect for any summer gathering, or just a fun kitchen project for you and your child to enjoy making together.
Watermelon Cake Balls
The ingredients required for making the watermelon cake balls are things that you can find very easy at your local store. So pull these things out, put on your aprons, and have some fun making them with your child.
Ingredients and Supplies:
- 1 box Strawberry Cake mix
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 can Pink Frosting
- 1 bag Wilton Chocolate Candy Melts, dark green
- 1 Wilton Candy Drizzle Pouch, bright green
- Pink Food Coloring
Don’t worry too much about the details in these cake balls – they are perfect just the way they are, no matter if you don’t get perfect round balls or straight lines. The important thing is that you have fun, and in the end, create a delicious treat for a summer afternoon or party!
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 9×13 cake pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl, crumble the cake, about half the can of frosting, and the chocolate chips.
I hope you enjoyed these watermelon cake balls! The recipe is sure to be a delight.