Halloween is just around the corner. It’s a fact that along with leaves, costumes and spooky décor we are all thinking about candy. Ok let me be more specific- Chocolate! So today I have a fun little preschool 3D art Halloween activity to share. Oh did I mention it is edible! Yum!
So while you’re preschoolers are creating why don’t you just plop right down beside them and chow down- I mean create right there with them. This activity centers around the fun and well known fun “5 little pumpkins” poem that is on the lips of every preschool teacher ad child this time of year! So insteadof creating little construction paper pumpkins and gates lets bring in the favorite Halloween medium- Candy and get creating! I promise- you’re little ones will “eat it right up.”
5 little pumpkins edible art and creative play set
-Hershey’s Kit Kat Bars (I got the little 2 packs that are typically passed out to trick or treaters)
-Branch’s Mellowcreme Pumpkins
-Paper Plates, Construction Paper or some other type of background
–Your favorite 5 little pumpkins poem
1. Read the poem of the 5 little pumpkins to your preschoolers.
2. Give each child a paper plate or some other type of background, 8 kit kat sticks, and 5 pumpkin candies.
3. Tell the children to create a gate/fence for all of their pumpkins to sit on.
4. Sit back and watch them create.
5. Once they are done creating take pictures of their creativity- you know you’ll want to remember those little creations.
6. Read the poem again and have them act out the words as you read them- have them repeat the words to the poem as they hold up each different pumpkin- then have them all roll out of sight at the end.
7. Let the children play and laugh and snack away!
It was so fun to watch the creative juices flow through little preschool finger tips. The gate in the top photo is a fabulous example to show the children if you choose to have them follow a model. It is also really fun to just let them decide on their own how to create a gate that will be strong enough to hold their little pumpkins. It is so much fun to see what they come up with. So head on out and grab some candy and make your preschoolers day by creating this fun and tasty work of art!