There are so many places to turn to now for homeschool support and resources. We are so lucky to have so much information right at our fingertips. However, if you are new to homeschooling it can become a bit overwhelming.
When I first started out on my homeschooling journey I honestly didn’t know where to look for the best information. My main resource was Pinterest and that was extremely overwhelming for me. There were so many great ideas and filled up my boards quickly. It all just made my head spin! You can check out my post here on how to use Pinterest more effectively in your homeschool.
I found so many amazing blogs on homeschooling, but I was still not finding exactly what I was looking for. It took hours of exhaustive searching through this website and the next. I decided to put together a list of 7 of the BEST resources that I have found and hopefully, this will save you a lot of time!
1. Homeschool Legal Defense Association – This is a MUST for any new homeschooler to check out. You can find out different homeschooling laws for each state and also some great articles on how to homeschool.
2. Home Learning Year By Year – This is my go-to book when I want to make sure that I am covering everything for my son’s age. This book has TONS of great resources and recommendations for each grade level. This book is great for all homeschoolers and is especially great for those who want to create their own curriculum.
3. All In One Homeschool – I recommend this website a lot to many homeschooling parents. This is a FREE homeschooling curriculum website. YES! You can homeschool your child for free and this site allows you to do just that!
4. 101 Top Picks For Homeschooling Curriculum – This book is great for those who are looking to purchase a homeschool curriculum. If you are not sure which one you should go with, then check out this amazing book because it could save you a lot of money in the long run!
5. Netflix – This is an investment well made! There are so many great shows on here for all age groups. Check out this post here from Home Grown Hearts Academy for a great list of shows available on Netflix.
6. Free Homeschool Deals – This website is great for finding things for FREE for your homeschool. I recommend signing up for her newsletter and getting all the posts sent to your email each day.
7. Home Art Studio – I wanted to include this because I have found it VERY difficult to find a good art curriculum to follow. This program is on DVD so all you have to do is pop in the DVD and follow along. You can read my review on this program here.
I hope this helps save you a lot of time on your quest to find reliable and helpful homeschool information. What resources would you add to this list?