Paper plates, paint and glue have never been so fun than with this cute Apple Paper Plate Craft idea! If you’re doing a unit study on Johnny Appleseed, or just learning about apples, then this is the activity for you.
Paper Plate Apple Craft
Grab the following supplies, a paint smock, and have fun doing this art activity with your preschooler or primary student. Well, for that matter – this activity would be fun for the whole family! So go ahead and let your older children join in too!
- Small paper plates
- Red and black acrylic craft paint
- Lime green napkins
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Glue stick
- Paint brushes
1. Squirt a small amount of red and black paint onto a paper plate.
2. Use a paint brush to paint the edges of your plate red and let dry.
3. Use a glue stick or craft glue to glue a jumbo craft stick to the center of your plate.
4. Dip the end of your paint brush into the black paint and use it to dab black dots onto the center of the plate and stick and lightly drag the dot to create seeds.
5. Use a pair of scissors to cut out leaves from your green napkin and glue them to the top of your craft stick.
6. You can also create a full apple by painting the plate red, gluing a jumbo craft stick to the back and some napkin leaves onto the craft stick.
This bright and cheerful paper plate craft is so much fun. Use it when you’re studying all about apples!