Do your kids have the grumbly growlies? Do they act like little monsters at snack time? Then give them a taste of their own medicine with these “Apple Monsters”! These fun edible creations are healthy, delicious, and satisfy the hungriest monsters in your home. Try this recipe today!
Apple Monsters Recipe
Just four simple ingredients plus some edible eyes make this recipe simply adorable!
- 1 Green Apple
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 2 Strawberries
- 24-28 Sunflower Seeds
- Edible Eyes
Piecing the ingredients together to create the monsters is no biggie. However, eating them is all the fun!
1. Cut the apple into quarters.
2. Lay the apple quarters down, and cut a 1-inch wedge in the middle of the peel side of each quarter. Do not cut all the way through because you want each quarter to stay in one piece. It will look like a mouth.
3. Cut the strawberries in slices lengthwise so that you have 4 pieces.
4. Spread peanut butter on the bottom of each mouth, inside the cutout.
5. Place a strawberry inside the cut out to resemble a tongue sticking out.
6. Poke 6 or 7 sunflower seeds into the top edge of the cut out to resemble teeth.
7. Serve right away!
The next time you think you’ll serve the kids apples for lunch, throw this together – it will make their day! These apple monsters are really a fast and easy recipe!