George Washington was born on February 22, 1932. He was the first president of the United States. Prior to becoming president George Washington was the leader of the Continental Army in the American Revolution.
He served as president from 1789 to 1797. Here is a fun craft for you to do with your kids to celebrate his birthday!
George Washington Craft For Kids
-Construction Paper- Red, White & Blue
-Yellow, Peach, Off White colored pencil or crayon
1. Start by coloring the whole paper plate using the skin toned colored pencil or crayon that you chose.
2. Next, cut a “boat” shaped hat from the blue construction paper. Draw it out first if needed, don’t worry,
no artistic experience required, it is easy! Refer to our photo!
3. Cut a thin red and white strip and glue this onto the blue hat as the “belt” hat decoration.
4. Cut a thin, crescent or half moon shape from the red construction paper for Washington’s mouth.
5. Next, glue everything into place on the paper plate including the googly eyes. Use a marker to make
a small nose.
6. Glue some cotton balls onto the sides of the paper plate to create the signature Washington wig!
Would you like to have hair like his?
Have fun creating your very own George Washington craft!