Clutter can be overwhelming. And once it takes over, getting it organized can be a challenge. Not to mention, expensive. There are always certain areas where clutter seems to build up more than others too. But if you don’t have a big budget to organize your home, what can you do to get it under control?
How to Organize Your Home on a Budget
Don’t worry; I’ve got you covered with some fabulous and inexpensive ideas that will get you organized in a flash!
- Wash out baby food jars and use them for storing fresh or dried herbs and spices. With a little paint, you can decorate them to match your style.
- Keep a notepad on or near the refrigerator and keep a list of what you need from the grocery store. When it’s time to shop, just grab your list and go.
- Use 3-ring binders for storing recipes you print from Pinterest, cut out of magazines and all of your carry-out and delivery menus. Use sheet protectors to keep your pages clean.
- Use an inbox or basket to keep track of mail, your kids’ permission slips, and anything else that needs your attention. This will keep your countertops for getting cluttered.
- Use an egg carton or paper cupcake liners in your junk drawer to catch little items like random nails, thumbtacks, and clips.
- Hang a tension rod across the inside of your cabinet under your kitchen sink. Use it to hang your spray bottles and free up extra space.
- Organize similar items together in bins or baskets. Packages of sauce and gravy mix, chips and cookies, boxes of rice and pasta; you’ll never have to search around for these items again.
- Fill a basket with mom-approved snacks and keep it on a low shelf so your kids can help themselves.
- Tea or cookie tins are perfect for storing condiment packets like hot sauce, soy sauce, ketchup packet, etc.
- Place a Lazy Susan on a pantry shelf and fill it with smaller items that you frequently need so they are easy to find.
- Silicone cupcake liners are perfect in a bathroom drawer for organizing small hair ties, ribbons, and clips.
- Sort through items that are taking over like, cosmetics, nail polish, and hair accessories. Throw out items that are old and you’ll never use. You may even find some products you forgot you had. Organize what’s left in small plastic bins so you can better find what you need.
- If several people in your house share a bathroom, give everyone their own shower basket to fill with things like shampoo, face soap, and body wash. They can bring their basket to the shower, then put it away in a closet or under the counter when it’s not in use.
Getting organized doesn’t have to break your budget; in fact, most of what you need you can find around your house or a discount store. Getting cluttered areas organized will make things easier to find and reduce chaos around your house. Organize your home today!