Here is a fun craft to do as you read the book Put Me In A Zoo. The materials are simple things that you most likely have on hand already. So get out your book and art supplies and have some fun!
(2) Small paper plate
Yellow, blue, green, red, and black craft paint
Foam paint brush
Small tipped paint brush
Putting it all together:
1. Lay down a piece of newspaper on your work surface
2. Cut out 2 half circles for ears from the sides of one of your paper plates
3. Carefully glue the ears to the top sides of your other paper plate
4. Place your plate onto your newspaper, paint with your yellow paint, and let dry.
5. Once your plate is dry, use your small paint brush to paint on eyes, a nose, and mouth with your black paint.
6. Now paint circles on with your blue, green, and red paint and let dry.