When it comes to kids being let out for the Summer they always want to go out and do things with their friends, but of course they are always running for you for the money. Well, this is your opportunity to stop forking over the money and a chance to teach your kids a little bit of responsibility as well.
If you have a child that is wanting to earn some extra money to go to the movies with their friends, or maybe to buy a toy that they have been wanting for a long time but they aren’t quite old enough to have an actual job here are a few ways they can earn money throughout their Summer Break.
1. Lemonade Stand: One of the most classic ways that kids have been earning money on their own for years has been through having their very own lemonade stand. You can set up in front of the house and have them sell to neighbors that are out and about in the neighborhood. Another great opportunity to set up a lemonade stand would be if you plan to have a garage/yard sale, the kids can sell lemonade and you can let them keep the money from it.
2. Cutting Grass: Mowing our lawns is never an exciting task to do but it is one that must be done, chances are if we can pass it off to someone else we probably will. Have your kiddos walk around to familiar neighbors and ask if they would like their grass cut for a small fee and they will probably be able to earn some extra cash this way.
3. Tutoring: If you have a bit of an older child, they can sign up to be a tutor for smaller kids in the neighborhood. Parents will really appreciate the effort that they put in and it is much easier for someone that is closer to their age to help them out instead of their parents, kids relate better to other kids.
4. Babysitting: This is another great way for the older kids to start babysitting. Once they get to around their teens they are usually responsible enough to hang out with the kids for a couple of hours and this will be a great way for them to earn some money and build up a bit of a resume.
5. Chores for The Elderly: If you have any elderly people in your neighborhood, they often need help with basic chores around the house such as taking out the trash, cleaning up around the house, and lawn care that your kids could help them out with and earn a little bit of extra money.
If your kids are needing to earn a bit of extra cash this Summer, suggest a few of these things for them to do and they will be able to get money and spend it on whatever they want or maybe even save it up for something they’ve been longing for. Everyone can always use a bit of extra money and this teaches them responsibility as well.